The person who is using the database and using it for his present and future use is considered a Database Users. For example database, users may be scientists, engineers, developers, bankers, Defence Officers, etc…..
DBMS stands for Database Management System
It is a process or system which manages the database. In simple terms, DBMS allows the user’s to access the database easily and can update, delete information from the database.
Why do we need DBMS?
Actually, DBMS is a need for Database, because without DBMS user’s will have difficulty in accessing the database.
DBMS allows access, delete, update the database because the database is physically stored in files and DBMS is the software that provides us with a logical view of data which is in the form of a table in a systematic order.
Hence, DBMS is a tool or we can say it is a software where we can perform several actions on data in the database.
And DBA(Database Administrator) is the person or user who administrates the database. He is the only person who has access to the database and the only person who can give access to other database users.
DBA is who has the access to control and to update, delete the data, he can also control the data of applications using the database.
Database Administrator Roles and Responsibilities:
- Installing and upgrading the DBMS Servers
- Design and implementation
- Performance tuning
- Migrate database servers
- Backup and Recovery
Database Users are of 5 Types:
- Application Programmers/Coders – These are the developers who directly interact with databases through DML queries. Queries may be written on C, C++, JAVA, PYTHON, PASCAL, etc.
- Sophisticated Users – These are the users who write SQL queries based on their requirements like select, insert, delete, update, etc… They don’t use any type of application or don’t write any programs to request the database. They directly interact with the help of SQL queries. Sophisticated Users may be scientists, engineers, analysts who read the requirements and performs action accordingly. They are the Designers & Developers of Database
- Specialized Users or Sophisticated Users – They are also known as Sophisticated Users. Basically, they are database developers who write complex programs as per requirements. We can say they are who create a database.
- Stand-alone Users – These users use databases for their personal use. This database is readymade with limited packages of databases that have menus and graphical interfaces.
- Native Users – These are the users who interact with the database only by the use of applications, we can say that users who fill their database or any database to fulfill their requests. For example- ATMs Users- who interact with ATM machines. Online Shopping, Online Library systems, Ticket booking systems, etc.
Also, Read this:-