In this article, we will discuss what are the Advantages and Disadvantages of a Database?. This information is provided by our experienced teachers and IT professionals.
Advantages of Database
Security Of Data
- In today’s world, Data is everything without data you cannot survive or you cannot run your business because data is the information of your business or any organization which you are running. If someone stoles your data or delete, or changed it, really it feels very bad because of the hard work you have done for it only you know. So, the topic is Security DBMS provides plenty of security, so unauthorized users cannot access your data. Many companies and business organizations spend a big amount on the securities of their data because they know their data is everything which makes them different from other companies and organizations.
- A Database provides the security of data that’s why only authorized users can access the data only.
- The database supports multi-user access at the same time period which makes it different.
- By Multi-access support, our organization and business company gets a working speed because one data can be accessed by many users.
- If your database is huge or is a big organization or business data then you have to maintain it and need lots of manpower, and for this, at the same time, multi-users can access it whether they are in different locations.
- You have seen during the lockdown of the COVID-19 pandemic, the IT sector allows their employees to work from home and they were from different locations and this database helps them to access the database of companies from different locations.
- Abstraction means to hide and Data Abstraction is the process of hiding the data, OH! NO! NO!… you were thinking that if data will hide then what will the user see. That’s wrong Data Abstraction hides only that data that is not useful for users.
- Data Abstraction Allows users to see only that data which they have to use, it hides the process behind it.
- Data Abstraction gives you the frame layout in which the data is sequenced orderly, it hides how it is stored, it shows only the data which is stored.
- Redundancy means to control the duplicacy, Data Redundancy is a process in which DBMS controls the data and makes data unique.
- Redundancy integrates the data into a single file database.
- Redundancy helps to increase the size of your database, by deleting irrelevant and duplicate files.
- Manipulation means the change, In Data Manipulation we can change the data like insertion, deletion, updating in files.
- Database features of data sharing allow us to share our data.
- We can share our database files, videos, audios, any file formats with our friends and business partners.
Data Concurrently Accessed
- Data can be accessed by N numbers of users concurrently.
Helps in Quick and Right Decisions
- The database provides us quick and correct data information which helps in our business.
Disadvantages Of Database
- The database is easy to step for the restoration of data but the cost for hardware and software devices is much higher for a small business.
Manpower is Costly
- The Staff or the employees for managing the database is costly because the staff who is managing your database is a well-educated and responsible person and he will cost for it.
- The file which you want to convert into a database file consumes much time and cost. It requires heavy software to convert the computer-based file into the database file.
Also, Read this:-